I really love my Mac. Not for ideological reasons: it’s just a great product. So I’m glad to see things are going well for Apple. Apple
- sold 1.6m Macs in the fourth quarter,
- sold 30 per cent more Macs than last year.
- got a bunch of new customers: more than 50 per cent of people who bought Macs in Apple stores were first-time customers.
- saw profits go up 27 per cent to 62 cents a share, from 50 cents a share last year, beating Wall Street forecasts.
- had revenues of $4.8bn, an increase of 30 per cent over last year’s $3.7bn and ahead of most expectations.
- sold more IPods than forecast, surprising some industry watchers, who had feared a slowdown in music player sales growth.
- sold 8.7m iPods in the period, up 35 per cent from the year-ago period.
The numbers are from the FT.